Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw to M adapters
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:52:10 -0400

Greg-
Good thinking! If there ever were any 'bad' Leitz adapters, they have long
since been disposed of! I have three, two are Ebay purchases less than $50,
and look like new. I got one free from a store, but it had some brassing and
scratches- but unlike a lens, it can look like poo-poo caa-caa but work
great!
While we talk about 'brass' as being the bass metal, I had deard that the
metal most used for mounts was actually a phosphor bronze that was a good
bit harder and less malleable than brass- and withstood abrasion better with
less galling. Anyone know for sure?
Dan