Subject: [Leica] Re: Projcted MF
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:06:43 -0700

You are absolutely correct Mark. There is absolutely NO DOUBT that anyone,
sighted or not, could tell the difference between projected MF slides and
35mm slides. The image becomes part of you. You don't just look at it.

My first slide projector was a 2-1/4 TDC projector (1953 - and I still have
it) for Ektachrome I took with my first "real" camera, a Rolleicord. Visit
the Hasselblad booth at Photokina or Photo East/West and be prepared to be
blown away. It's like another world.

My local Hasselblad rep has mentioned me doing a local three day Hasselblad
workshop. I am in the process of producing much of the same material that I
use for my Leica workshops, on 2-1/4 via Hasselblad, to be shown via a
Hasselblad projector. This will really be interesting.

An interesting artifact is that 2-1/4 square images completely fill the
screen both ways. Looking at 35mm slides on a screen always reminds me of
looking at a Cinerama movie that hasn't been re-formatted, on the TV. The
human eye/brain seems to meld very well with the square format. It does
not, subconsciously, seem like something is missing. It seems fulfilling.

Jim