Subject: Re: [Leica] Another Leica vs medium format debate
From: Richard Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 16:17:22 -0700

Gib Robinson wrote:
> Since Kodachrome has not been available in 2 1/4, the differences in
> slides can be less; but I'd be surprised if folks on this list couldn't tell
> the difference between a 2 1/4 slide and a 35mm slide side by side
> on a screen if the emulsions are remotely comparable.

Greetings all!

     For every photographer who projects 2 1/4 square transparencies, there
must be tens of thousands who project 35mm.  The larger projectors are
costly and they must be user mounted in glass or cardboard.  The larger
size may cause buckling in cardboard.  In glass there's concern about
unwanted ferrotyping.

     In 35mm, you just pop them in the projector.  It's my understanding
that slide shows are more popular in Europe and Japan than the US.
"Come over Friday night and see are 2000 shots of our Greece vacation!" :-0

					Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net