Subject: Re: [Leica] Ramblings from Bangkok
From: Ian Stanley <stanley@loxinfo.co.th>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 14:39:10 +0700

At 06:23 PM 99-08-10 -0700, you wrote:
>Welcome back, Ian! It's always great fun looking for where you will pop up
>next. Perhaps the "subdued" list is because we are taking Ted's advice and
>shooting more photos instead of just blathering away here (albeit,
>intelligent, meaningful blathering, of course!)
>
>I've been spending hours in the darkroom, to the detriment of LUG
>correspondance. It was exciting to have 20 of my Cibachromes hanging
>alongside original Ansel Adams black and whites for an exhibit last month.
>Also, the brand new local Holiday Inn Hotel bought 180 of my 16x20
>Cibachrome landscapes for their rooms and lobby - sort of a "gateway to the
>redwoods" theme for their location north of Eureka. And I just sold five
>local landscapes to an *famous* restaurant up in Crescent City -
>MacDonald's!
>
>Most of the work was taken with Leica M6 - when you do everything right on
>Velvia, and use a Leitz Focomat, too, it's amazing how beautifully a 35mm
>transparency enlarges to 16x20.
>
>Anyway that is some of what I have been doing, Ian. We're looking forward to
>hearing about your latest adventures.
>
>Regards,
>Gary Todoroff
>Tree LUGger

Hello Gary,

	Congratulations on having your work hanging with such esteemed company and
on the sales as well - it could be a long while before you surface from the
darkroom filling that Holiday Inn order.  I am overdue some darkroom time
myself as I packed up my darkroom in Nepal before I had caught up with last
years shooting and now there is work from this summer to do as well.  I
managed to talk a couple of galleries in Canada to represent me so now I
have to get the prints over to them as soon as I can.  This could interfere
with my usually free schedule.  Most of my work this summer was 35mm with a
large number of 4x5 sheets used up as well.  Again, congratulations.

Ian Stanley,

Bangkok, Thailand.