Subject: Re: [Leica] NEW Leica screw,,Really?
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:31:36 EDT

Horst, I like your idea of Leica copying the Japanese! The screwmount modern
Leica lenses originally was ordered by a Tokyo Leica dealer (Lemon Co.) and
they are currently selling them at a 20% premium over the regular M-mount. To
my knowledge, only the 35/2 Asph, the 50/2 and the 50/1,4 are available, all
in chrome. As for manufacturing the mounts, it is much cheaper to make 39mm
screwmounts than the M-bayonet (which is one reason why there have been so
few 'off-brand" lenses made for M-cameras). The idea of getting a 35/2 Asph
for the old 3F is exciting and I hope that the Cosina Rangefinder body will
be available soon too. A metered 3F with a 1/125 flash synch, 1/2000 top
speed and a price of around $450. Wouldn't that be a beauty!
Tom A