Subject: Re: [Leica] interested in trading for an M6 system
From: Ericplatt@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 18:58:30 EDT

Paul wrote:
<It's a watch.  No, not just a watch - it's a WATCH.  It's a watch that looks
down on Rolex watches from an Olympian height, with the same detachment that
Leica users have when discussing the (ahem) merits of Nikon lenses.  It's a
watch that watches the posturing of other watches with a faint air of
amusement.  In the words of Homer Simpson, "Mmmmmm, a waaaatch".>

I'm sorry here, but unless it is an "official" railway watch, then it just
isn't a watch<G>  Now really, the best watches go in a pocket, but in a
pinch, a Mondaine Swiss Railway watch will fill in nicely on the wrist.

Sorry, had to get that plug in.  The Mondaine is my favorite watch.  Okay,
okay, I'm a railroad "fanatic" and like having an "official" railway watch.
The Mondaine is much more sedate and understated than the Seiko railway watch
it replaced.  Yes, Seiko and Pulsar still make "regulation" railway watches.
Wrist only, but they do conform to U.S. railway "standards."

I consider the Mondaine to be the watch equivalent of my Leica, beautiful,
unassuming, and a true precision instrument.

Eric Platt