Subject: Re: [Leica] was Italy.now Brits x-raying film..
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 14:55:46 -0700

- --------------05F4E04AEAA07938C978A62E

Ted Grant wrote:
The Brits have an unfortunate problem with the IRA who like to bomb
people
to little pieces and have made very effective bombs inside items the
size
of a roll of film.

The terrorists have been known to make an explosive device using a film
cannister that can do some serious damage, or much worse, if they have a

bunch of film looking things in a clear bag all containing explosives.
Yes
and they mix in real film with the explosive canisters.
__________

I just flew through Chicago and had security people check out my laptop,
using a wand with a cloth on the end that they rub all over the case and
then look at with a special light inside a box.  That was a first.  The
guard said it was for explosives.

donal
- ---
Donal Philby