Subject: Re: [Leica] Airport X-ray Test
From: "roland" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 21:46:58 -0000

Heathrow is unreasonable in its securitly.   Each year we travel in Europe
or Asia on holiday.
Nowhere in St Petersburg, Helsinki, Paris, Frankfort, USA(my country)
Narita, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Chaing Mei, Hanoi or Taipei all visited in the
last two years have I experienced any security like in Heathrow in 1998.

We arrived at the airport three hours early for a return to USA only to
have our luggaged pawed through with a delay of almost two hours.   Then,
they left us to reorganize our luggage which included a large cardboard box
containing china, crystal and other similiar souveniers.   I am still angry
at the arrogance of the airport personnel.

Fortunately, all my film was in x-ray bags.

Roland