Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: If Porsche Can Do It, Why Not Leica?
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 16:40:51 -0500

Jim,
Are we talking reliability by Detroit's standards or by Toyota/Mercedes
standards?

If I'm to spend $66K for a Range Rover, I'd expect world-class technology
and world-class reliability.   The current engine is not what I'd expect nor
what I'd pay for.

I had really high expectations when BMW took over but it seems that Munich
hasn't done much to change things.

BTW, engine braking is pretty much a function of engine size and compression
ratio.  I can't understand why Land Rovers aren't available in the U.S. with
a diesel engine.  Mercedes Benz has a new twin-turbo, rail injected diesel
V8 coming that produces over 400 ft.lb. of torque.  It would be perfect in a
Range Rover:-)

Bud