Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm Summicron-M Canadian vs German Version
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 11:18:12 -0500

I recently bought the pre-ASPH version because two very well known Leica
dealers recommended it over the ASPH.  Maybe they were just being commercial
and wanted to get rid of their old lenses but both of these guys are
extremely well known and trustworthy.

In any case, I'm very happy with the new Summicron and I'm very critical
when it comes to color.

As for the lenses coming apart, I'd bet that if you attached/detached these
lenses using the base of the lens (as you should) rather than the lens head
or the hood, that you wouldn't have any problems.  Frankly, I'd never think
of using the hood for this purpose but that's just me.

Bud