Subject: [Leica] e-mail confusion & award
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant98@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 05:37:03 PDT

Hi Folks,

Sorry about the posting confusion while using my sisters computer in Ottawa
PatFretts. I got her machine onto the LUG but forgot it would go out under
her name and not mine.

So now I believe I've got it right on hotmail under ted grant

Further to some posts yesterday about the award to save a bunch more
questions.

Myself and Yousuf Karsh are receiving Life Time Achievement Awards to-morrow
evening in Ottawa at an awards gala combining the Professional Photographers
of Canada and the Canadian Association of Photographers and Illustrators in
Communication.

Now that should answer questions on the "award". I'm more than honoured two
fold, one at receiving the award, but to be sharing the limelight with such
a great portrait photographer as Karsh.
A wonderful man I've known and shared conversations with many years when I
lived in Ottawa and at the time of winning the Karsh Award for Black & White
portraiture in Photojournalism.  So to stand with him will be something
else.

I've taken the old "underwear" to the M6 and Noctilux, shining them up to
ride on my left shoulder where they have lo these many years. Without them
I'd feel as naked as a Jay bird, besides they are my friends who will keep
me calm and not all teary eyed.:)

As the final chapter opens it creates a goal greater than the opening fifty
years ago. How to continue long enough to win another Life Time Achievement
Award? :)A pleasant challenge indeed. :)

ted