Subject: Re: [Leica] what the heck kind of leica is this?!
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 00:39:40 -0600

kyle cassidy wrote:

> howdy folks,
>   i have what pretends to be a leica M6, but it's weird, funky. things
> aren't where they're supposed to be. all my friends who know more about
> leica's than i do are baffled. can one of YOU tell me what i got? i have a
> picture and some description up at:
>
> http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/leicaslacker/whatisit/

Now *that's* interesting; I wonder if you have a factory prototype
there! Occasionally, preproduction stuff does make it out onto the
market: I once had a "Property of Apple Computer" Mac Portable bearing
no FCC data. Wish I kept it, because besides being a cool oddity, it was
the only battery powered computer I've ever owned in which I wore out
before the batteries did.

Jeff