Subject: RE: [Leica] IIIc or IIIf
From: "Greg.Chappell@nationsbank.com" <Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 19:19:34 -0500

Does it have numbers around the shutter speed dial, or is the area around
the speed dial blank? The IIIF was the first Leica Screw Mount with factory
flash. Those numbers are used to set the flash delay, according to the type
bulb you used. It also has a sync post on the back of the top plate. A IIIC
could be sync'd later by Leica. According to the Leica Bible (pocket book),
as you said, yours is a 1949/50 Leica IIIC. If they sold it to you as a IIIF
and you want a IIIF, I'd take it back. If, however, you don't want to use
flash with it, keep it, as it is a great shooter. Flash sync would only be
1/50th if it was a IIIF.

Greg Chappell