Subject: Re: [Leica] Need Digital Printer Recommendation Needed
From: "Richard E. Baznik" <reb10@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 13:35:52 -0400

At 01:02 PM 08/06/1999 -0400, Tina wrote:
>I highly recommend the Epson Photo printers.  I have the PhotoEx, but the
>upgraded version is the 1200.  The photos are beautiful - no banding.  You
>can usually find one for about $400 - a great buy IMHO.  I get the best
>results on the Konica QP paper.
>
>Leically,
>
>Tina
>Tina Manley,  ASMP
>
>http://www.tinamanley.com

Tina's right. I've had the Epson Photo 1200 (about $479) for five days now
after two years with the Photo 700 (now selling for $239). Neither one
produces bands, and both do extraordinarily sharp and high-res prints. I
thought there couldn't be anything better than the 700, but the 1200 uses
six inks and prints up to 13 x 19 (or 13 x 45 in "panoramic" mode).

A few years ago I thought that I'd have to wait for an affordable color
laser before I could do any decent printing. Now my chief concern is making
scans good enough to challenge the Epson.

BTW, I still use my wet-chemistry darkroom for B&W. I can't imagine giving
that up.///Dick Baznik