Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V10 #68
From: wvl <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 09:44:30 -0700

> I wouldn't be surprised if there's a security video tape of you filed away
> somewhere.
>
> Remember, the visible security at airports, government buildings, etc. is
> just that . . .  the "visible" security.
>

> Bryan

Bryan, I had not even thought of that. Those dirty old bobbies putting a
camera in their own W.C.!

Once at Heathrow, in the special gates area for flights to Ireland, on
July 12th-the height of the Marching Season I was body searched so
intimately by an attractive female officer that I asked her "does this
mean we are engaged to be married?". She replied,"in your dreams, sir.
and, no you can't go through again". Then she looked through every lens,
operated the aperatures and checked the camera bodies, x-rayed all film,
and wished me a good day. The passenger behind me was wearing an
Orangeman's bowler and lapel pin. He said, "don't complain mate, it's
better than feeding the fishes".

I have no objection to strict security and have always appreciated the
good humor and wit of officials at Heathrow. When I arrived at customs
from the states the passport officer asked what brought me to the U.K. I
said, "I came to study the Industrial Revolution". He replied, "Pity,
you missed it."

Bill Lawlor