Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica: the GPS pioneer?
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 02:13:29 -0400

At 12:33 -0700 05/08/99, Jim Laurel wrote:
>...I never knew Leica was such a pioneer in GPS technology!
>http://www.leica-gps.com/gps/timeline.html
>--Jim Laurel

	--> the real doozie is what they call
	CAEM: Computer Aided Earth Moving,
	which is nothing short of automated mining,
	with a precision better than 1/2 meter
	from any distance you care to use,
	through the earth orbiting satellites and telecom
	networks.

	With time, I suppose, this will mean mining
	the sea floor and /or polar caps totally
	via remote control, even 100% computer managed
	to "strip" only the areas where the geo-surveys
	had shown high grade ore or fossile fuels deposits,
	100% weather independant, too.

	A later application will be the real-time monitoring
	of the Earth's magma / crust movements
	and very real earth-quake prediction potential there,
	still to come but very high probability.

	Just another reason I'm not worried at all
	about the long term survival ability of Leica.

	Andre Jean Quintal