Subject: [Leica] Re: The Challenge
From: "Paul Schiemer" <schiemer@magicnet.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 21:40:09 -0400

Imagine we are in a big room. We all share a common interest in a specific
camera, a great thing. We are all talking -almost- at the same time.  Each
of us are a little out of sync with what is happening at the moment on LUG
(can't be helped), but all with something valid to contribute.

Each and every post is as substantial as the next, OT or not. Somebody is
going to get something out of it, be it good or bad.  It's up here on LUG to
read, respond, delete, or save forever as an invaluable morsel of absolute
perfect wisdom.
We are enthusiastic for our passion in photography, and relish in the joy of
ownership in the best 35mm camera there is (most of the time anyway).

Sometimes we step on toes and bleat incessantly about meaningless drivel (me
included). We don't MEAN to be rude or combative (usually), we just feel
free to speak aloud here, amongst our friends.
You may not want to be my neighbor or spend a weekend on my sailboat, but
I'd wager we'd have an animated, thoroughly enlightened conversation about
Leicas and photography- if ever we met.

But, like in a big room, there sometimes comes a degradation of subject
matter (OT) that drifts ever so imperceptibly out of bounds then back in.
These tangents are as entertaining and enlightening as the good, 'on topic'
bits- and usually have something to do with the main theme here; photography
& Leicas.  <--they go hand in hand.
Trying to herd the minions into line (although I applaud the effort) is
going to be difficult.  I pledge to remain on task for the duration of the
test period (sic; the Challenge).
But when it's over I volunteer to post the first way off topic (a WOT?)
message.

no archive