Subject: Re: [Leica] Backup camera or more Leica glass?
From: Ericplatt@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 18:56:38 EDT

I'm also in the group of keep both bodies, since one will make a great
backup.  Now, that being said, I only have one M body, because I just feel
like carrying one around (okay, okay, I can't afford another one.  Fine.  I'm
going to go sulk).

For lenses, everyone has different preferences.  For my use, I'd be lost
without a 50/2.  In fact, I could possibly live with only that lens forever.
I do have a 90/2.8 to go with it, though.  And, eventually (i.e., when there
is more money around), I'll probably succumb to either a 35 or a 28.  Of
course, what I use my camera for primarily is railroad photography, and for
that, a 50 is essential.   Other lenses, while nice to have, merely add to
the job at hand.  I just can't shoot "action" railroad shots with a 35 (or
28), although I've tried.  That may be a topic for "photography week here, on
Biography" (sorry, bad television reference) next week.

I will admit, a  35 and 90 could probably cover almost everything out there,
except for "specialized shooting".

So, is that wishy-washy enough?  Hey, it's the end of a long day.  Luckily I
have tomorrow off (for photography and bluegrass guitar pursuits).

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN