Subject: Re: [Leica] Turning on your camera
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 10:09:45 -0400

When I went to the Netherlands in '96, I carried two IIIIfs and four or
five lenses in a little Lowe bag.  The airport security guard at Dulles
said he needed to "look through" the viewfinder.  I obliged by showing
where to look on a IIIf.  He replied, quizzically, "No, I need to look
*through* the lens."  I explained that this couldn't be done with an RF and
politely offered to dismount the lenses.  A little to my surprise, he asked
me to do so and proceeded to peer through every lens and auxiliary vf that
I carried, to the annoyance of all in line behind.  Finally he patted the
bag, grinned, and said, "Very, very cool!"

I've wondered since whether he's become a Leica user.

Chandos

><< In Atlanta, a security lady asked me to turn on my camera.  I said I could
>  not really turn it on.

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown