Subject: Re: [Leica] loading M6
From: "E. Huntley" <prasepe@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 20:43:05 +0400

On 1999-08-04 Rob Schneider said:
   >I, however, must live in a fool's paradise.  Neither of my
   >cameras scratch up film, my rangefinders are accurate, my meters
   >are accurate, my shutters don't leak light (except when fired),
   >my lenses (all Solms) don't fall apart, my pictures look
   >fantastic.  This is the best 35mm equipment I have ever used.  It
   >does exactly what I want 35mm gear to do.

Rob,
Count me among the population of "fool's paradise" too. I have been
on-and-off this list since getting my first M6--about 1 1/2 years ago--and
have read all the messages regarding the problems you mention. My two M6HMs
have performed flawlessly since purchased...have NEVER scratched a single
frame, are still on the battery that came with it, have never had a shutter
jam, etc. Do my lenses have dust? Don't really know...I never looked! The
results are phenomenal and with my V35 enlarger I am able to produce prints
better than any 35 equipment previously owned (including brand N****), and,
in some cases, rival images I've produced with 4x5! The M6 is the best and
most enjoyable camera I have had the pleasure of using...and, yes, it does
EXACTLY what you tell it to do...no more...no less!!

Thank you for being the first or, at least, one of the first to say: Hey, I
don't got no problems. Keep enjoying your Leicas...I know you will.

Best regards,
Alan Huntley

Net-Tamer V 1.11.2 - Registered