Subject: [Leica] Film Loading thread
From: "Gary Klein" <gklein@excel.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 12:27:49 -0500

I have never really had any problems with my M4-2 for loading.  I have done
it even while running to a crash scene.  Yes and the baseplate was in my
teeth btw.  I think the less you mess with it the more likely it will load
right.

However, ask me about the Nikon F3 spool.  My early F3 was okay as they used
a grippier grade of plastic for the take up spool, my newer F3HP (if you saw
it you wouldn't describe it as newer) has a shiney plastic take up spool,
that if you don't do it exactly right, causes grief!  I never had a problem
with my F or F2T, or the FM2 for that matter.

The company supplied Canons NEVER misload, unless you have a badly cut bulk
loaded roll.

And I don't even think loading a IIIF is that big of a deal.  Now loading a
70mm blad back is another thing all together............

gck