Subject: [Leica] Re: loading M6
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 22:21:04 -0700

>> A combination of ego and stupidity.
>>
>Now now Peter, how about......a combination of stability and rigidity? (and
>I mean 'construction', not thought process!)
>Ross.

The M camera is a treasured design, warts and all. Look what happened with
the M5. Look at the yelling over the TTL. Can you imagine what would have
happened to Leica if they had changed the way the film loaded? Put a big
door on the back... There would be riots. The M is an M is an M. "Don't fix
it if it ain't broke." It's really not difficult to load. I never miss
load. I have loaded in complete darkness. No sweat. So what's the beef?

Jim