Subject: [Leica] A great SL at KSP
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 22:38:56 +0100

Francesco

The SL is an SLR, it was designed to take twin cam bayonet mount lenses
although the earlier single cam Leicaflex lenses would fit with loss of the
TTL metering.  The later R3/4 triple cam also worked.   Then there was a
single cam lens that only fitted R3 onwards bodies.  They haven't made a SLR
with a screw mount.  The 50mm f2 Summicron was made in all four different
fittings so it depends on how many cams you've got!

Assuming your lens has a built in hood, post 1976, look at the rear of the
lens, you are looking for two chrome cams  with their top surface tapering
at about 20 degrees to the bayonet flange, between the rear element housing
and the barrel of the bayonet mount.  That would give you a triple cam
(third cam on the rear element housing, top surface in line with flange,
black) which would work.  If you don't have a built in lens hood you should
look for two cams (as above but no third cam on rear element housing).

Anything else won't work.

Can somebody confirm that the SL has match needle metering?