Subject: [Leica] Computer stuff (was Re: Darkroom to digital)
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 12:59:01 -0400

I had exactly this problem with the ATI display adapter software for a
previous board.  Check what driver the video card's using and fiddle around
with the generic SVGA or some of the other available compatible drivers.
(all this in the Display Settings window).  Also, be sure that you have the
*latest* driver for your board.  It's *not* the monitor.  Sony supports
Adobe's ICM profiles.

Contact me off-list if you want some other pointers.  I spent way too much
time getting this system up and running on a stable basis--and learned a
*lot* about things that I'm not much interested in.

Best,

Chandos

>  The system with the *SONY* monitor will not run
>Adobe Gamma, the monitor calibration setup utility (a window pops up that
>says "this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut
>down").  The HP with plain-Jane monitor runs the Gamma utility just fine.
>Any clues much appreciated.
>
>DT

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown