Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom to digital
From: Pablo Kolodny <salvajegrapa@interlink.com.ar>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 01:13:17 -0300

Dan Cardish wrote:

> I still use my darkroom for fibre based b/w printing, but I find that
> judicious use of quadtone or tritone printing with photoshop can work
> wonders with a b/w image that are impossible to duplicate in a traditional
> darkroom.

Here you have, thatīs the point.
I cannot find any necessity to duplicate each picture. Save we`re talking
about ID photos
or things like that.

> And...when I get around to experimenting with the new archival quad inks
> for b/w printing, I may give up on the darkroom entirely.

Give up darkroom ?

Never...I feel that photography has to do with chemical. Emulsions, Silver
Oxides, water, souls, feelings, air, environment ...etc...etc...
I find that going digital there`s a strong loss of ...you know, well maybe Iīm
becoming a senior at the age of 45, may be!

regards

Pablo Grain Latin Lover

Death to the pixel. Ha!