Subject: RE: [Leica] 35 Summicron looseness of barrel problem
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 20:45:26 -0600

Same problem here. I think actually it is the internal retaining ring which
works loose if you use the hood as a suitable grip to change the lens,
rather than gripping the lens body.

Like Carl, I also did this, resulting in the loosened front part of the
lens! (I don't think it is possible for it to actually come off, but it will
probably effect your pictures...)

I believe what Sherry et al do is go in there, tighten it up and put a drop
of threadlock on it or suchlike.

And I still can't get out of the habit of gripping the hood to change the
lens!!

It's not so much a fault in the lens, as the hood being so nice and
convenient to grip.

Tim A