Subject: Re: [Leica] Motor drive battery packs
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 19:52:52 -0400

Well, what you say about the R8 may be true, but the Minolta 9 is no light
weight; infact, it weighs about one ounce more than the R8 (without
batteries or lens, 910 gms vs 890 for the R8).  As far as robustness is
concerned, the 9 has been tested to 100,000 exposures, so it is somewhat
robust.  Perhaps the internal gears are all plastic, but I doubt it.   The
camera is meant to be used.  The only plastic visible to my eye is the hand
grip.  Everything else is metal (zinc diecast and stainless steel,
reasonably top grade metals), including the back.

Sorry, but I'm not convinced that Leica is on top of this motor drive problem.

Dan C.