Subject: [Leica] 35 Summicron looseness of barrel problem
From: "Simon Pulman-Jones" <spulmanjones@lbs.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 12:45:30 +0100

The front element and aperture ring of my late non-asph. 35 Summicron have a
small but noticeable amount of looseness which means that they can be moved
a little off the lens axis. I can't be certain that this has got worse
recently or has always been this way - I can't say I've noticed any
difference in the performance of the lens, but I'm worried that the
looseness is going to get worse. I have never noticed this on any other
Leica lens. Has anybody else noticed this with their 7-element 35 Summicron?
Any experiences of getting the problem sorted? - there are no visible screws
that might be tightened.

Thanks,

Simon.