Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:an absolutely virgin IIIG
From: "roland" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 21:26:59 -0000

Congratulations on your IIIg.   I bought one in 1957 with a new 50mm
Summarit and a new 90mm Elmar f4.   After many many rolls of film shot with
them, they are still  in pristine condition.   The rangefinder was far
easier to use than the two M 3s that I am currently using.

It is unfortunate that they were not continued.   I still appreciate the
ease of holding the screwmount body and the quiet operation of the shutter.
  I handheld many black and white pictures at 1 sec with success.

I finally deferred to the M 3 for the light meter and the many viewfinder
frame options.

Roland Smith

> From: Guido Soprano <guidosoprano@hotmail.com>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:an absolutely virgin IIIG
> Date: Sunday, August 01, 1999 9:13 PM
>
> Paul,
>

> I got 848XXX, for $500 (no, there is not a 1 missing in front of the 5)
in