Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Special Edition M6s
From: "phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 10:08:14 -0400

Bill R (LEICAMAN56@aol.com ) wrote:
> Also, the engraving will be as follows:
> Top of top plate - Leica Script in the style of the earlier M cameras.  Below
> the "Leica" script will be "LEICA CAMERA AG, SOLMS, GERMANY" This will be the
> first Leica ever engraved Solms.  On the back of the camera to the right of
> the sync terminal "Special Edition for the Leica Historical Society of
> America"

Just got back from Montreal and catching up with my LUG digests.
Personally, I think Leica-M cameras in general and this one in paticular
have too much of engraving.  If it were me, it would just say LHSA on the
back.  I might add Leica on the top, if there weren't already the Leica red
dot on the front.  The verbosity of the engravings goes contrary to the
simplicity of the design of the camera.  Just my opinion.