Subject: [Leica] First DD-X roll
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 10:02:16 +0200

Friends,

I just looked at the first roll of film I processed in Ilfotec DD-X. The
film is Ilford Delta 100, exposed at 80, and developed per the
instructions on the bottle for 12 minutes at 20C, dilution 1+4. Looked
at with the 6x loupe on the light table, the negatives look very nice,
with lots of shadow detail, but perhaps a bit on the contrasty side in
the highlights. Since I use a Jobo processor, I probably need to try a
higher dilution, which is what I will do next. But these early results
are certainly promising. The real test for me will be the Delta 3200,
which I currently develop in XTOL. If the results for that film are as
good as or better than XTOL, and if I can get better highlights in the
D100, then I might have found my new universal developer. Certainly it
is better than XTOL from a convenience point of view, being a one-shot
liquid concentrate rather than a powder. The keeping properties are also
good, 3 months after opening.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman