Subject: [Leica] Watch those batteries!
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 00:41:10 +0200

I forgot who it was that recommended changing batteries in the M6 every
6 months or every year, depending on the volume of shooting, but he has
the right idea. I just finished looking at some slides, with the first
10-12 images on the roll overexposed. I wondered why this was until I
remembered that the exposure indicators had started dimming when I was
shooting this roll and finally stopped functioning about mid-way through
the roll. I changed the batteries at that point, and sure enough--the
rest of the film is perfectly exposed. The moral is to either change
batteries at periodic intervals or at least do it as soon as you notice
ANY dimming of the two red triangles. Trying to squeeze a few more
exposures out of the batteries is waste of film and more importantly,
picture-taking opportunities.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman