Subject: Re: [Leica] Books
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 12:29:29 -0700

csocolow wrote:

> Any recommendations on non-photography, non-Leica books that LUG members
> feel has improved their photography? Even favorites on The Plague would
> be appreciated so I can properly prepare myself for the upcoming
> dialogue. :-)
> --
> Carl Socolow

An Actor Prepares by Constantine Stanislavsky was the photography "textbook"
used by Minor White.
It could be said that the book has nothing to do with photography.
It could be said that the book has everything to do with photography.
It is such a classic that even Actors don't read it.
But it is very readable. It is a series of story like situations by the guy who
revolutionized a whole craft the way few have been revolutionized before. A true Genius.
A good role model for me as I have his Birthday. 1/17
I tell "all" my friends to read this book. To my knowledge none have done so.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
Mark Rabiner