Subject: R: [Leica] New LTM Leica lenses ?? Is this a joke.
From: "Guido Ridoli" <guirid@numerica.it>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 20:57:18 +0200

:WARNING: THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL!
:
:LUGers,
:I heard this afternoon, that Leica is coming back
:with 3 lenses in LTM, for the first time since 1964.
:35/1,4 ASPH, 50/1,4 and 50/2.
:The prices seem to be close to the bayonet versions.
:Is this a joke ?
:My source is normally reliable, but I don't know about his own
source.
:If it's true, it may be a nice move.
:To challenge Konica, Cosina and Minolta on their own ground
:instead of waiting in Solms Castle.
:Lucien

Dear Lucien

I suspect this because I thik that Cosina products (lenses and
finders) have irritated Leica staff,
and if it's true that there will be a new screw mount camera (with
built in meter and of course a built in rangefinder)  named
Voigtlander...
never say never
we will meet a new screw mount camera from Solms before the new M7?

        Guido Ridoli
  LEICA M SUPERFAN
    guirid@numerica.it
: