Subject: [Leica] undisclosed scratches
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 07:12:30 EDT

>Subject: [Leica] Elmarit 90mm f2.8 repair
>
>I acquired a 90mm Elmarit f2.8 lens on Ebay with undisclosed scratches to
>the front element.   My regular repairman cannot help me.
>
>Please advise me of any recommendations for the repair of this lens.
>
>Best regards,

depends on how bad you need the lens. repolishing and recoating is not cheap.
Me, I'd get my money back or demand a discount (a substantial one) since the
lens was not described properly in the sale, and use the lens. Unless they're
big scratches they won't hurt. But a lot of small polishing scratches make
the lens unusable.

ctrentelman
ogden, UT