Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Special Edition M6s
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 21:20:43 EDT

Jim,

You're right on the pricing issue.

AS far as availability, they will be available to all LHSA members.  The
details have yet to be worked out, but I am not putting an upper limit on the
number of cameras made.  If LHSA members want to buy 300, 500 or 1000 it will
be up to the membership to determine how many of these cameras are made.

Also, the engraving will be as follows:
Top of top plate - Leica Script in the style of the earlier M cameras.  Below
the "Leica" script will be "LEICA CAMERA AG, SOLMS, GERMANY" This will be the
first Leica ever engraved Solms.  On the back of the camera to the right of
the sync terminal "Special Edition for the Leica Historical Society of
America"

Again, the entire project will be low key, close in appearance to the black
paint M4.  We are not buying any fancy boxes or lenses.  Just the camera.  My
intention is that every member of the LHSA now has a chance to own a new
black paint M camera.  The black M cameras have always held a special
attraction for both the collector and the users black and brassy veteran.

What LHSA members do with theirs is entirely up to them.

Bill Rosauer