Subject: [Leica] M3 DS, 50 Summ Col, MC meter
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 19:15:04 +0000

Hello list,
I just took a look at an early M3 DS, some vulcanite chipped or missing,
Soc Sec # etched into top plate back, bottom plate marked, rangefinder may
be off vertically ever so slightly, shutter looks good, sounds good, camera
never been serviced. 50mm Summicron collapsable a little sticky in spots,
front element shows some scratching, MC meter in working order. Typical
consumer use I'd say, though hasn't been used for a while. One owner.
From this description could someone throw some numbers at me for what it
may be worth? Seller asking $800.

Frankly, loading the camera gave me pause. I can see me dropping the takeup
spool and it rolling off the Staten Island ferry. Any updates possible for
quicker loading?

Bill Franson