Subject: Re: [Leica] Special Edition M6s
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:43:59 -0400

Dollars to doughnuts, the vast majority of them will collect dust in a
display case, regardless of your own intentions.  Especially since
collectors out there will probably set very high prices for truly mint
copies.

Face it, it's a collectable, except one that can more easily be acquired by
members of the LHSA.

My own personal view, FWIW (sorry, again), is that if someone likes a
limited edition camera, they should buy it.  And if they want to use it, go
for it.  I know a local Leica repair person who customizes old M3s with
mother of pearl and gold plates them.  Maybe too glitzy for even Liberacci!
 But, different strokes for different folks.

Dan C.