Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux users please sound off
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 00:15:32 -0700

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I go to pubs where people do not punch each other out.
>
> Nathan
>
> Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
> > Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> > >
> > > Jim,
> > >
> > > All the f1 Noctiluxes are the same optically, the differences are in lens hoods
> > > and other cosmetics. It is an acquired taste; I love mine, but then again I
> > > enjoy wandering around pubs and taking available light shots.><snip>
> >
> > What is your technique for not getting punched out?
> > Mark Rabiner
>
> --
> Nathan Wajsman
If they know you maybe. After a couple of drinks a third of the guys would love
having a camera stuck as their face as excuse to fight for their earthly right
to sanctimonious privacy. The question is which third. To protect the privacy of
the girl they are with that shouldn't be with them, and so on. I've had mixed
luck with it but my reflexes are fast (I keep my hands up) and my instincts were
generally good. We've talked this whole topic into the
ground 3 weeks ago about who and how you can photograph in their natural state.
My protection would be a nice sized flash so they know I mean business and am
not trying to pull the wool over their eyes. Just blind them. :)
Mark Rabiner