Subject: [Leica] Re: Phlogiston
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:19:14 +1200

Horst wrote:

>By the way, you can not interchange the Phlogiston in the screw mount
>cameras with
>the one they use in the M cameras. The screw cameras use Phlogiston type
>XSA and the
>M models us type XMA. I just thought I warn you about this. It can be
>critical.

Thanks for passing on that information, Horst. My local repair guy had to
be seriously reprimanded when he tried to kit my M3 with XSA. However to
those of you who do want to get experimental i do recommend trying XSA in
your M's with Sharpo, especially if you can rack up a few UV Filters at the
end of your lenses.

Gary

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of youthful
dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were the passive
conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during adolescence."

                'The Uses of Disorder: Personal Identity and City Life'
                                            -- Richard Sennett
OO
[_]<|
 /|\