Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V10 #39
From: wvl <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 20:51:50 -0700

> Does anyone know whether it was a Kodak Retina IIa or a IIc?  I have been
> wondering for a long time....
>
> BTW, these Retinas are not some cheap folders from Kodak.  Their Xenon
> lenses take some of the most beautiful pictures that I have ever seen.
>
> Dan K.

I have a few boxes of Kodachrome 25 slides my uncle took in 1955 with
his Kodak Retina folder from the PX in Heidelberg. They are superb
images.  Contrast, gradation and resolution are outstanding.

He also sold a slide to Architectural Digest in 1953. It was a cover in
the magazine, shot with a Kodak Pony 35, the least expensive 35mm Kodak
made in those days.

Bill Lawlor