Subject: [Leica] Re:Juggling Lenses
From: "Mike Quinn" <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 11:31:44 -0700

Mark,
At first I thought you were being silly (sorry for the lack of faith).
It doesn't matter what lens I have mounted until I raise the camera to my
eye. I can visualize all I want before I do that.

As you and Roger point out below, visualization by looking through the lens
is an SLR thing.  If I use the M viewfinder to frame the image, I see the
same thing no matter which lens or body cap is mounted.

O.K. Now I've tried your alternate approach. It has one good feature.
Leaving the body cap on keeps you from juggling two lenses whenever you need
a new one. To get there, however, you need to remove the lens after each
exposure session. That means you'll always be changing lenses.

How about this. Put your favorite lens on one body. Keep the body cap on a
second body. Then leave both bodies in your bag and visualize the frame
before you pick one. Gives you the best of both worlds.

Mike Quinn