Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and coming digital age
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 20:06:50 -0700

Dave Yoder wrote:
><snip>digital
> won't be as good as film for at least another ten years, and that hopefully those ten years will
> be the best of my career, it made sense to indulge. You only live once, and you get the chance at
> capturing these passing moments on film only once. Makes sense to make the most of them.
> To me it's kinda like why Spielberg (for notoriety's sake, I'd prefer to invoke Wenders) shoots
> his movies on film rather than videotape.
><snip>

Well Lucas looks like he shot this latest Star Wars with a High 8. Make that low
8. Then had it imported into the Macs at the Grade school and let the kids strip
in their favorite cartoon ideas. I want my money back! Where's Luke Skywalker
when you need' em? Kurt Cobain is not Luke Skywalkers dad!!! I'd rather be put
to sleep with 70mm any day.
Mark Rabiner