Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: why leica?
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 08:26:54 -0500 (CDT)

David, if you have 11 out of 15 newbie students who own a fast
fixed focal length lens in 1999, you're EXTREMELY lucky....I'd
say out of our students, over half only have the short plastic
zoom that came on their plastic-lens-mount EOS !!

The workshop situation may be very different, but in our basic
classes, half only take the class because they have to, and another
40% take it because it's "neat" or sounds good, and fits a slot
in their schedule.  Out of approximately 4 groups (80 folks)
we may have 4-5 who bring with them a prior interest and some
knowledge of photography.  We consider it fortunate indeed if
we end up with half a dozen serious folks out of that group of
80!!

Walt

On