Subject: Re: [Leica] TELYT 400 f6.8
From: "Dale Reed" <dale-reed@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 22:33:05 -0800

> The 400mm f/6.8 Telyt has a drop-in slot for Series VII filters. It's
> nowhere near 112mm.

Doug those two water photos of yours are really something else! I
particularly like the one of the buried logs.  From time to time I
touring_kayak in reservoirs(Ross Lake and Bumping Lake for example) with
lots of stumps just below the surface.  I have to be careful not to
paddle up on a stump getting tipped out of the boat.  I never noticed
that they would make interesting photos if the light was just right.

Anyway does B&W, or who? carry Series II?  Maybe under another name?  Or
are they only to be had in the used collectible market?

It sounds like I should wait until I get my lens so I can see what the
"drop-in slot" looks like.  Jem said that "My example has suffered a
damaged filter thread" so I am confused.

Thanks for the help.   Dale
- ---
$ dale-reed@worldnet.att.net  Seattle, Washington U.S.A. $