Subject: Re: [Leica] why leica?
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 08:51:18 -0400

Why the need to explain, or rationalize? I think most of us use them because
we LIKE them, for whatever reason, the same way we LIKE certain single
malts- and we'd use them, or drink our single malts whether anyone was
looking or not!
After hanging around here a while, and watching the eccentricities of the
denizens herein, I still think that the bottom line is that we LIKE Leicas,
and the results we get from them. Period. It has nothing to do with "image",
"panache", or "snob appeal".
How can you tell? The main worry about the Voightlander lenses give you an
indication. It was not, "OOOH! what will people think when they see me using
a non-Leica lens....", it was invariably, " Will I like the results?, will
they meet my expectations, and will they be compromised...."
All the rest is just so much mental masturbation.
Dan