Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 titanium?
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 02:59:34 +0800

thibault collin wrote:

> What do you think about the M6 titanium?
> Is this a good deal?
> Is it really stronger than the regular?
> TIA,
> Thib.

Thib,

The M6 Ti is my favourite Leica M6.  I find its finish more scratch
resistant and overall, the camera seems better built, subjectively.

I have three of these: one standard, one with a M6J finder, and the
third one, being converted, will have a 0.85 HM finder.

I use the first one with a Summilux 35/1.4 ASPH Titanium, the second one
with the Noctilux, and the third one with the Summilux 75/1.4.  All the
bodies have had their rangefinder calibrated accordingly to the lens
used.  And of course, all have a titanium finish Rapidwinder and
Softrelease.

Given the current of the M6 Ti in Hong Kong is only US$1,870, I think it
represents excellent value for money.

Regards,
Joseph