Subject: [Leica] David Turnley's workshop day 3
From: "javalee" <javalee@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 23:21:43 -0700

Hi all,

More critiques, discussions, etc..
Everyone's work showed more close ups, more itimacy..
I donno, after the initial shock of seeing faces at close range, they
started to look alike (even thou the styles varies)..
Is it me?? Does all 'portraits' need to be a Felini movie???

I thought I would do something different and 'document' the quiet side of
the park.
Last Wed I went to the park at 12:00 midnight with a M6hm and a Noct
(shooting Scala @ 200 asa)

Today when my slides showed up on the wall, I heard OOhs and Aahs thru out
the room..
No, I didn't become a better photographer overnite... :(
I dont think the viewers realize it, but what bowl them over was the quality
of the NOct.

I left today feeling somewhat elated.. not so much from what my 'classmates'
thought abt my work, but David did pick one of my shots as his favorite
during whole workshop..
It was a picture of a couple kissing on a bench.. he says it's 'timeless,
cud've been taken in Paris, etc'... I'm afraid to ask if the picture is
really that good or was it the quality of the lens??

The bummer of the week:
He call me on Thursday and ask if I want to document he and his 5 yr old son
on Friday (visiting from S. Africa)..
I couldn't... most of my co-workers already on vacation :(

bi
Ting