Subject: Re: [Leica] "Filters for the 75/1.4M indoors?"- Certainly!Especially for ne...
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:20:14 -0700

Dan Post wrote:

> Jean-Claude-
> Interesting idea, but you would want to try using the three tri-color
> printing filters- RED25, BLUE49 and GREENsomething else- The values are in
> one of Kodak's books. I did an Interesting experiment to show a class in
> psychology the theory of color perception- taking three B&W photos, one each
> with a red, green and blue printing filter, making B&W slides with Kodak
> Direct Positive film and then projecting them through three projectors with
> each slide shown through the corresponding filter with which it was taken. I
> had to use three rolls of film, and different exposures to get three B&W
> slides that rendered anything close to true colors but it was impressive...
> I just don't want to try it again!
> I am sure that you could read the red, green, and blue light but it would be
> a very tedious process- similar to to the photo that I saw done of a
> landscape (seascape, actually)- everything was still except the surf. The
> photographer had made three exposure on the film- one through a red filter,
> one through a green filter, and one through a blue filter- using the
> internal meter.
> When the shot was printed- the beach and shore, cliffs, and rocks were
> perfectly registered- but the surf that had been in motion was a veritable
> rainbow! interesting shot!
> I am sure you could do it, if the shot was critical enough, and you had
> plenty of time!!!
> Dan
><snip>

I remember that shot of the surf from the Pop Photography cover in the late
'70's early '80's! They had the three filters mounted on a long card that I
think you dropped so all three consecutively passed in front of the lens. Or You
just held all three consecutively. Makes your pictures look like you need 3D glasses.
Mark Rabiner