Subject: Re: [Leica] "Filters for the 75/1.4M indoors?"- Certainly!Especially for ne...
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:48:47 -0400

Jean-Claude-
Interesting idea, but you would want to try using the three tri-color
printing filters- RED25, BLUE49 and GREENsomething else- The values are in
one of Kodak's books. I did an Interesting experiment to show a class in
psychology the theory of color perception- taking three B&W photos, one each
with a red, green and blue printing filter, making B&W slides with Kodak
Direct Positive film and then projecting them through three projectors with
each slide shown through the corresponding filter with which it was taken. I
had to use three rolls of film, and different exposures to get three B&W
slides that rendered anything close to true colors but it was impressive...
I just don't want to try it again!
I am sure that you could read the red, green, and blue light but it would be
a very tedious process- similar to to the photo that I saw done of a
landscape (seascape, actually)- everything was still except the surf. The
photographer had made three exposure on the film- one through a red filter,
one through a green filter, and one through a blue filter- using the
internal meter.
When the shot was printed- the beach and shore, cliffs, and rocks were
perfectly registered- but the surf that had been in motion was a veritable
rainbow! interesting shot!
I am sure you could do it, if the shot was critical enough, and you had
plenty of time!!!
Dan